Hayward Gordon – TORUS® Recessed Impeller pump is a centrifugal pump with a radial impeller recessed into the rear section of the volute, out of the path of the solids being pumped. This impeller uses about 15 percent of the fluid being pumped to create a torus or vortex thus adding energy to the pumped fluid-solids. Features Ni-Hard (650 BHN) hard construction ideally suited for highly abrasive applications, grit, slurries with gas entrainment, and for stringy or fibrous materials. The recessed impeller creates a vortex within the casing which traps the solids and expels them from the pump with minimal impeller contact.
Ideal applications include:
- Primary sludge
- Digested sludge
- Lime sludge
- Fly ash
Hayward Gordon XR Torus Recessed Impeller Design Components
- Flat, open, radial vanes: direct flow radially outwards along impeller periphery.
Torus XR Integral Single Wear Piece
Torus XR Primary Grit Sludge Wear Inspection after 28,000 Hours
Torus XR Radial Vane Impeller to Competitor Cup-type Impeller
Torus XR Radial Vane Impeller Vs. Competitor Cup-type Rim Impeller
Competitor Cup-type Rimmed Impeller
- Direct Drive
- Dry Pit
- Vertical Cantilever
- Horizontal or Vertical
Information on Hayward Gordon Manufacturing Facility
- Manufacturing in Mississauga, Ontario near Toronto
- Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, Final assembly, Performance Testing (HI Standards)
- ISO 9001 Certified
- Quality castings provided locally with within 200 miles radius including Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin
- Over six decades of experience in developing and engineering pumps & mixers has lead to significant improvements; equipment is more efficient, reliable, and lasts longer than competing brands.
See the following for a tour of the manufacturing facility: