JMS- Jim Myers & Sons – Mega-VAC Sludge Removal System is a hoseless sludge removal system using the hydraulic head differential between the water surface and the sludge discharge elevation (or pump when needed). Head pressure in the basin forces sludge into the dual headersces, and on to the discharge point for collection. This low headloss design uses Flow Balancing Diagonals for even intake across the header pipe result in efficient wall to wall sludge removal. It is not subjected to clogging like systems with headloss control to equalize sludge removal. Dual head design, removes sludge from the entire basin floor despite traveling only 55% its length. Less movement means reduced wear, increased longevity, and higher removal rates
- Flow balancing diagonals for even intake across the header pipe result in efficient wall to wall sludge removal
- Powered by hydraulic head differential lowers operational costs
- Dual header maximizes solids removal, less water waste
- Mega-VAC design eliminates the need for potentially problematic hoses
- JMS applies over 50 years of experience to each Mega-VAC system
- JMS product line can outfit the entire floc/sed basin for optimum results
- Stainless steel and non-metallic for corrosion-resistance, and long life
- Leading edge inlet orifices are designed to eliminate clogging
- Proven cable reel design allows for easy cable adjustments and maintenance
A System With Drive
The cable drive system provides the muscle behind every Mega-VAC unit at work today. This unit drives a shaft with dual cable drums attached. Each cable drum can rotate independently, allowing for easy cable tensioning at startup or during subsequent cable tensioning activity. The dependable Mega-VAC system does not rely on friction or cable tension, so it is unaffected by cable stretch.
Two Heads are Better Than One
Utilizing a dual header design, with patent pending flow balancing diagonals, the Mega-VAC takes process efficiency to new lengths . . . literally. The dual head design, removes sludge from the entire basin floor despite traveling only 55% its length. Less movement means reduced wear, increased longevity, and higher removal rates. Durability is also enhanced through the use of stainless steel and non-metallic components in all submerged parts of the Mega-VAC system.
Energy plows mounted on the leading edge of each header pipe impart energy into the sludge blanket as the header assembly travels the basin floor. That energy helps sludge thicken and encourages flow, for higher solids removal with less water waste.
Flow balancing diagonals, a JMS technology advancement, minimize the effect of the differential pressure across the headers, and have a balancing effect on flow entering each orifice. The result is more consistent sludge removal across the entire length of the header.
Mega-VAC travel is guided by the basin walls, without the need for guide rails. Installation in new or existing basins is simplified, and there is no possibility of the unit coming off of its guide system. Supported by non-metallic wheels the assembly easily adjusts to minor variations in the basin floor.