Waterman manufactures engineered sluice gates, slide gates, weir gates, flap gates, stop logs, and Automatic Water Level Control Gates (keep constant level upstream for UV system with lowest headloss) for the water and wastewater industry. Manufactures extreme duty gates constructed of Cast-Iron with brass wedges (no wearing plastic or rubber guides) and Stainless Steel fabricated gates with UHMWPE plastic guides with self adjusting seals. Cast-iron gates are know for continuous service for over 50+ years. Waterman USA was founded in 1912 and continues to construct and manufacture the gates in the Exeter, California and service the customer with 130+ employees. Designs backed by latest casting technologies and finite element analysis to ensure design to meet AWWA industry standards that meet half of maximum AWWA leakage rates and tested to exceed 50,000 hour cycle (equivalent of 136 years with 1 cycle/day).
Automatic Water level Control Gates
- Used to keep constant level on UV system with minimum headloss (up to 2″).
- No power required to operate.
- This allows the UV system to fit within possible limited head available to pass peak flow to the river/stream/waterbody at 100 year flood elevations. Many times this gate eliminates the need for effluent pump station.
- Design eliminates need for an electronically-actuated, constantly adjusting level gate to maintain proper submergence upstream of UV bulbs which is problematic if power fails or has problems with actuator.
- Design eliminates need for series of weirs and troughs that require cleaning (algae) and lead to head requirements of over 12 inches.
How to properly mount and level a cast-iron sluice gate on a concrete headwall with double nut method
How to properly mount and level a fabricated slide/sluice gate on a concrete headwall and adjust cross-rail
How to set limit nut and wedge blocks on cast iron sluice gate
How to mount stem guide for gate