Aqua Aerobic Systems AquaSBR® Sequencing Batch Reactor provides true batch reactor technology with all phases of treatment accomplished in a single reactor. All components are easily accessible and the advanced decant system ensures optimum quality effluent withdrawal. Independent aeration and mixing provides lower energy consumption. Time-managed operation offers process flexibility with greater handling of hydraulic fluctuations. Floating decanter provides subsurface withdrawal of decant volume. Local installations include Richmond, Missouri and Abilene, Kansas.
The Richmond, MO AquaSBR was constructed in 2014 at the South Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP). Olsson Associates designed the plant and used a “Pre-Procurement” to evaluate and select the equipment. The project was originally planned to be a conventional plant but changed the process to a SBR to stay within the City’s budget while meeting MDNR’s treatment requirements. Click here for the Richmond open house news article.
The Abilene, KS AquaSBR was constructed in 2008 and featured in an issue of Kansas Rural Water Association’s KRWA -THE KANSAS LIFELINE, March 2007. Lochner (Bucher Willis Ratliff) designed it for 1.5 MGD average design flow and Walters Morgan Construction constructed the four basin SBR.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- Aqua MixAir® system provides flexible control of aeration and mixing
- Separates aeration and mixing to allow for low energy consumption
- Time-managed operation offers process flexibility with greater handling of peak hydraulic conditions
- Proven decanter provides subsurface withdrawal of decant volume
- True-batch system allows React, Settle and Decant phases to occur within the same reactor
- Lower construction, installation, operation and maintenance costs
- Requires no clarifiers or RAS.
More background about the upgrades can be found at: http://www.richmond-dailynews.com/2009/06/archive-3310/ , “DNR outlines upgrades to wastewater plants”, Richmond-dailynews.com, by Joy Tipping Jun 26, 2009.